Sunday, March 17, 2013

Thinking of giving up?

Thinking of giving up? 

(can't see the forest for the trees)

Whew, this day, this week, this month has been so friggin hard! I'm facing some of the toughest challenges I've ever faced in my life.
My "gift" as a coach and manager is helping people, using my intuitive ability to empathize while reassuring and reaffirming. So imagine how I feel when I'm affirming and encouraging others while feeling quite unsure about my own situation?
It's those moments when someone who trusts me enough to share their angst and insecurities shows up and I'm compelled to help that I pay attention to my own advice to not give up.
If you've taken a leap of faith to start your own business and you're in the midst of the work of it-the networking and social media-ing and business planning it and taking on and maintaining new clients, then you know...the WORK of growing a business. I'm sure there are many days when you're just not sure you made the right decision.
I mean, lets be frank- this shit is HARD! lol. I can laugh because when I thought of starting my own business I knew it would take work but I wasn't thinking of the other areas of my life which would be affected so dramatically by my decision.
The endless hours that compromise my personal relationships, the lack of job security because I'm my own boss, so no I don't have a 401k or health insurance to invest in, the clothing and dining expenses racking up because I have to look the part and schmooze to network, the having to reach down deep to believe in myself as I believe in my clients...
cant-see-the-forest-for-the-trees
When you are feeling doubt and the work in front of you seems so daunting, in other words, when you can't see the forest for the trees, STOP.

How about some SELF AFFIRMATION?! Look at what you have accomplished.
1. You took the LEAP!
2. Even when others who should support you, doubt you, you KEEP GOING!
3.Ok, so you're a tiny bit $$ broke...for now..but somehow the lights are on and the bills are getting paid! Something, or SomeONE is working in your favor. BELIEVE!
4. You're not 22 anymore, so no health insurance scares the heck out of you but today you're ALIVE and KICKING! BE THANKFUL.
5.You will never ever have to say you DIDNT FOLLOW YOUR DREAM!
6.Even though the list of "have to do's" never dwindle, be PROUD that you keep taking things OFF the list.
7. You've GROWN and MATURED because you haven't had the luxury and security to keep you ignorant. And that is a GREAT thing!
8. You are becoming your own HERO every day you motivate yourSelf.
9.You and only you is defining and redefining who YOU ARE.
10. And last but not least -
YOU CAN'T TURN BACK NOW, YOU'VE COME TOO FAR!
Have a great week and oh yeah,
go make some aRt:)
Jennifer Heslop
917 771 5063
www.motivateArt.com
Clients: UrbanErotika
Dirty Artist Management
***

Client updates-

March 21st - April 13th-motivateArt client Mo Beasley's UrbanErotika Art Gallery Exhibit celebrating Women's History Month at ImageNation Raw Space.
Find out more about this event!
motivateArt Client- DiRTY Artist Management- Stylist Faustina Rose.
[The Work of DiRTY Artist Faustina Rose]
Dirty Artist Faustina Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment